The lives of a very busy family of five!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Sigh.

Working opposite schedules from your husband who works a zillion hours and using every single favor you've ever earned/not earned from friends for child care every single week of your life and thus leaving you with ZERO possibility of date night, ever... well, it stinks.

It's no one's fault; it's just life in general. And as we all know, sometimes life can be tough.

I love my children. I don't get to see them enough as it is. It's another one of those no-win situations of being a working mom. And I'm forever grateful to the friends and family who help us out so I can work, so we're not in the poorhouse, who I can trust with my children. I'm grateful to have a good job with benefits, which is scarce these days.

So I don't wish to be ungrateful - I know it's selfish to ask for more - but the occasional night out (ie: more than once every 6 months - and that's not an exaggeration)... well, it would be nice. Especially when my husband had to work Mother's Day for the fourth year in a row.

I'm done. Sorry for the woe-is-me post... I feel better now. :)

PS. If you are one of those aforementioned friends with kids who have helped me out a zillion times and never let me reciprocate... CALL ME. I'm home almost every night and weekend as it is, and my kids are better behaved when they friends over. Truly.

No comments: